Now that we have website loading times down to ~1s we expect to expand the catalogue again.
TLDR; Sorry for disruption during the website upheavals – there are more details below. Given the new tech, and GDPR rules regarding data, we ask that existing customers start from scratch: We have reset website old customer data and history for security purposes.
- orders do not need logins
- coupons do not require logins
- newletters are separated from accounts
- login is as simple as ticking a box when ordering
- logins will retain order history
If you are interested (and again, apologies) here is an overview why the site keeps changing:
- We updated our older-tech system to handle correctly maintaining it’s own images (an intensive job)
- The server completely failed immediately after
- We rushed the move to our new hosts, and new system, being developed in the background
- The new host system has certain foibles too, despite being one of the biggest names on the internet… hence image flickers, caching issues, complete theme & layout replacements, DNS failures and firewall blockages to name the biggest teething issues
The tech is stable so we expect a nice, slick shopping experience.